Whether you witness it or not, the arrest of a friend or family member is difficult. It is important to do your research in order to find a reputable bondsman to keep from adding unnecessary stress to this trying experience. A trustworthy bail bondsman will have these seven characteristics:
- Licensed – Any bondsman that you hire should be licensed to operate in the state of Texas as a bail bondsman.
- Seasoned – Familiarity with the local court/jail system and how it operates is key to getting your loved one home quickly.
- Well-Qualified – You should be treated with respect and met with competence. A professional bail bondsman will be willing and able to answer all your questions.
- Payment Plans – For large bond amounts there should be payment arrangements and/or collateral options available.
- Quick Release – Getting your loved one home quickly should be your bondsman’s number one priority, typically two-twelve hours under normal circumstances.
- Good Reviews – An experienced bondsman may have some negative reviews, however, checking online platforms to be sure the positives outweigh the negatives is worth your time.
- Around-the-Clock Availability – An experienced bail bondsman knows that an arrest wasn’t planned and is available when you need them.
Comments are closed.